Welcome to Your Vision Board Class #3! It’s time to create your vision board! Make sure to checkout the first 2 classes:
Let’s Create Your Vision Board!
This article has step by step directions, and a list of supplies you will need to create your vision board. I have also given you an optional supply list and ideas on where to find the magazines you will need.
Creating a vision board is also a fun activity you can try with others. Gather your friends and have a vision board party. You could even start a local vision board class in your community each year.
Before you start creating your vision board, it’s a good idea to determine your mindset around your goal in creating your board. This will help you become clear on what to focus on.
Know Your Mindset Before You Start
- I know exactly what I want: find the pictures, words, or phrases you want for your vision board and use them.
- Opening and allowing: you’re not sure exactly what you want. You have a vision of what you want but are uncertain about it in some way. You want a change but don’t know how it’s possible. When you sort through your pictures, question what drew you to them.
- Theme: use if you are experiencing a big change. Picture the intention of your theme as you look through pictures.
- Feeling: Use if you want to create a new way of feeling. Use pictures and phrases that best reflect this feeling for you.
This will give you a place to start. Remember, there is no wrong way to creating your vision board. Be creative, listen to your intuition and above all, have fun!
Gather Supplies Needed to Create Your Vision Board
- Poster board
- A picture of you
- Glue Stick
- Scheduled Time
markers, gel pens, paint, glitter, stickers, picture frame, glass of wine, candles
*If you are having difficulty finding a variety of different types of magazines, some places to look are thrift stores, the library, and doctor’s offices.
8 Steps To Creating Your Vision Board
- Flip – flip through the magazines and cut or tear out anything that calls to you or delights you. Don’t ask why. Pictures or headlines. Make a big pile.
- Sort – sort through all the pictures phrases and words and make another pile of the ones you like the best. This is all about intuition. Eliminate the ones that don’t feel quite right.
- Arrange – lay all the images on your poster board. Use your imagination, get creative.
- Paste – paste everything onto your board. Take your time.
- Decorate – add decorative touches. Use markers, gel pens, paint, glitter, stickers.
- Add you – add a picture of yourself in the very center of your vision board (optional) but also very powerful.
- Display – hang your vision board in a prominent place where you are going to see it regularly.
- Act – take conscious action in your daily life toward the vision you have created.
You now have a visual representation of what you want for your life this year. Take action each day toward the goals you’ve set for yourself in your vision board. Every small action you take builds momentum and moves you forward.
Have a great year!